Monday 8 July 2013

Ivan is now here.  He is a wonderful, quiet, observant boy. He got a big initiation to Alberta.  I picked him up from some friends who were also hosting around 8:30 pm and I still had another 4 hour drive to reach our camp site.  I had already book a camping trip with the Forest Wardens for this week-end. We spend the first night in the van.  It was too dark and we got there too late.  The next day we found our campsite and waited for everyone to wake-up.  Ivan was very excited to help me set-up my tent and inflate the mattresses.  He had a big smile when he realized that the mattress and sleeping bag was for him.   The other Forest Wardens went caving, we went White Water Rafting.  He laughed, being such a serious boy it was wonderful to hear him.  I then decided the next day to take the long way back home to Edmonton, instead of a 5 -6 hour drive it was going to be 8 hours or more.  We were going throught the Rocky Mountains.  I realized the he loved nature and I wasn't going to be able to go back to them.  It was wonderful, We went to Johnson Canyon, Lake Louise, the Athabasca glacier.  Ivan's favorite activity is throwing and skipping rocks and boy does he have a great arm. It was a long trip, we arrived home at 4:00am.

He had a huge when he saw the Queen bed for him.  All day today, he spend it playing with all the toys.  It was amusing to see him play with the cars, and all the toys.  He just went from one toy to another.

I hope to add pics soon.  I will be adding many more details.  His observant skills at seeing what someone needs is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment